So everyone definitely must have heard of and even practised frequent CLEANLINESS & HYGIENE TIPS during COVID-19 such as hand washing, social distancing etc during these times.
It is extremely important to take care of your personal and household hygiene in this scenario.
Looking at the positive side of it, the virus has brought about awareness regarding the importance of maintaining CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE DURING COVID-19, handwashing tips and what it can do to improve the community health.
As scary as the novel Coronavirus sounds, it is quite simple to be protected from it.
I’ve already mentioned in one of my previous blog posts about how to enhance your immune system to be able to fight the virus.
But there are many things that you can do to prevent it from entering your body in the first place.
Doctors and scientists across the globe are striving to find a vaccine for this, but until and unless we don’t do our part, it all might go in vain.
So let’s go ahead and discuss how you can keep the virus locked out of your home.
CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE TIPS-PERSONAL HYGIENE :
1) Hand washing:
Yes you have heard of it repeatedly.
But that’s because it is the best thing you can do to prevent yourself from acquiring the virus.
Your skin is the first line of defence against any microorganisms (germs). Your hands touch more things than you can remember.
By washing your hands with alcohol-based hand wash for at least 20-30 seconds, the virus gets killed.
If you’re intolerant to alcohol, you can use soap and water.
Washing hands with warm or cold water are equally effective against the virus.
2) Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth often:
Touching a contaminated surface and then touching your face is like giving a free pass for the virus to enter your body.
Avoid touching your face often and if you need to, be sure to wash your hands before you do it.
3) Covering your coughs and sneezes:
That being said, don’t cover your cough and sneeze with your bare hands.
Rather use your flexed elbow, and with a tissue or disposable napkin. Dispose of it immediately after use.
4) Social distancing:
Keep a distance of at least a meter when meeting people.
If possible, avoid going out often. Masks should be worn at all times when going out.
CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE TIPS HOUSEHOLD HYGIENE :
We do know that the virus is susceptible to household disinfectants. Here are some tips for cleaning surfaces
1) Using the right product:
According to NCDC, household bleach solutions, disinfectants like carbolic acid (Lysol, phenol) and disinfectants containing 70% alcohol solution are effective against the Coronavirus.
2) Correctly using the product:
It is important to follow the instructions correctly to get the maximum benefit from the product.
A common mistake that people do is wiping the surface off immediately with water after applying a disinfectant.
The disinfectant should remain wet on the surface as per the instructions given on the package and then wiped off.
The contact time with the disinfectant is what kills microorganisms.
If a disinfectant wipe is being used, it should not be reused on multiple surfaces. A new wipe should be used on each surface.
3) Cleaning High Touch Surfaces:
These are the surfaces which are touched frequently like doorknobs, handlebars, handrails, remote controls, light switches, and your CELL PHONE.
They come in contact with hands often and hence should be properly cleaned at least once every day.
Also, hands should be thoroughly washed after touching these surfaces.
Cleaning other surfaces like kitchen surfaces, desks, tables etc, where respiratory droplets (discharge while coughing and sneezing) may be present.
CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE TIPS- FOOD AND KITCHEN HYGIENE :
Though Covid-19 cannot spread through food, it is important to note that respiratory droplets can be present on fruits and vegetables and can be transmitted by touching them. Following general food hygiene along with these few tips may help
- Groceries should be bought from hygienic places rather than open markets where droplet transmission can be possible.
- Fruits, vegetables and meat should be thoroughly washed either with warm or room temp water immediately after buying.
- Foods bought in containers should be emptied, placed on a clean plate and the container should be disposed of in a waste bin with a lid.
- Can and tins should be cleaned with disinfectant before opening and storing.
- Hands should be thoroughly washed for 30 – 60 secs after handling any groceries, before and after preparing food.
- A separate cutting board should be used for uncooked vegetables and meat.
- Waste disposal should be done in a sanitary manner into a closed bin. Waste should not be kept in the open for too long.
CLEANLINESS AND HYGIENE TIPS TAKING CARE OF THE SICK:
If anybody in your house is sick or is a contact for Covid-19 and under home quarantine, they should be tended for with utmost care and precautions, to not infect other members of the family.
- A person taking care of a sick individual should wear a complete PPE or at least an n-95 mask before entering their room. Only 1 person should be allowed to enter.
- Their clothes and utensils should be disinfected before washing and should be washed separately.
- PPE and masks should be disinfected correctly after every use. Care should be taken not to touch the masks frequently.
- Hands should be washed thoroughly before and after tending to the sick.
Prevention is always better than a cure. These habits and practices should be inculcated into all our lives since there is a chance of Covid-19 staying with us for a while. Practising these things daily and not just for the sake of it, will greatly improve the overall health of the community.
If you have any queries regarding homeopathic remedies or any Covid-19 related doubts, feel free to drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please subscribe to this blog if you want to get notified about our upcoming posts. And if you have any suggestions for blog posts, please write it down in the comments below!
Remember that we are in this together and we will get through it together! Be home and stay safe!
Author- Dr. Tasneem .H. Soni
FOR APPOINTMENT FILL IN THE FORM AND MAIL US OR YOU CAN CONTACT US THROUGH WHATSAPP